..two young women, virtually strangers, with excitement in their minds and faith in their hearts opened a shop and called it Uncovered Ruby. Simply to mean that they believed rubies could be found in recycled items that might otherwise be discarded. Over time, it became clearer that what was being uncovered and discovered were the gifts that God gave each of them that might not have come to fruition had the walk of trust in opening a shop not happened.
Four and a half years later, the shop has closed it's doors, but those two young women have grown and stretched and look with anxious expectation to what is in store for them now. This blog will be a representation of their journeys and whatever they want to share with whoever wants to read.
Thank you for stopping by!
Sally and Lisa
He that dwells in the secret place of the Most High...
...shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1
Recipe for Pretty Polished Silver
1. Wash tarnished silver in a solution of warm water and mild dishwashing detergent. Rinse well with water, and dry with a soft cloth (not a paper towel).
2. Line a large stockpot with several layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil, and add silver pieces, filling about one-fourth full.
3. Pour very hot water over the silver pieces. For every quart of water stir in about 1/4 c. baking soda and 1 T. salt
4. Cover the pot, and wait about 5 minutes. The baking soda and salt solution cause a chemical reaction that will dissolve the tarnish.
5. Remove the silver from the pot, rinse well with water, and dry with a soft cloth. Repeat with remaining tarnished pieces.
6. If any small areas of tarnish remain after this process, spot-clean them with a good quality commercial polish.